Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

The Finished Product- An Estate Sale Find

It's done. 

Finally.

Ok, actually, it's been done for almost a month. 

But still.

Like it?


For some reason the drawers look dusty in the above picture, but I promise, it's not. It's just weird lighting.

It's home is in a corner of our kitchen that would otherwise be empty. The piece itself is actually pretty short, so I found a little lantern for it.


 Here's a picture of it in the context of our kitchen. The patio door is on the left, the kitchen table on the right.
 

I had stained the inside of the drawers in order to get rid of the smell associated with the piece and so they were kind of tacky, even after being allowed to dry for a few weeks while we were in Europe. Hence, the need for shelf liner paper covering even the sides of the drawer. 

Also, I'll admit it...my stain job looked TERRIBLE. 

I took the drawers out of the unit and stained the inside of that as well and...there's a reason I didn't take a picture of that. It's not pretty. But thankfully, how the stain looks doesn't matter at all, because you can't see any of it.

I found the shelf liner at the Dollar Tree. Even I'm surprised they had a nice design like this and I'm not ashamed to say- it might be one of my favorite stores. 

And the smell is gone thanks to the stain, so it's a win-win. Pretty drawers, no gross smell.


I'm kind of amazed that I managed to turn out a piece of furniture that I'll not only allow in my house, but that I'm happy to have in my house. Still not sure how that happened. And it's useful, too!

So, what do you think of it? Willing to take on a project of your own?

2 comments:

  1. Jenessa! I love it! So beautiful and very useful. What have you decided to put in it? Dining room accessories?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was so fun to have a project! It currently holds paper towel, napkins, plastic cups and plastic silverware, etc, that I don't have room for in my cupboards! :)

      Delete